Tuesday 29 September 2009

HOWARD SNAITH - ALWAYS ON TIME.

On my bike ride home today I came across this delightful little minny van, used primarily for the transportation of the local O.A.Ps who live round the corner. I think you will agree it’s quite the sick ride. However it was the dynamic typeface that first caught my attention. The garish colours and piss-poor legibility make this one stunningly bad typeface, I even said to my self (in my head) that Howard (The bus driver) really should consider getting his minny van's logo and contact information re-designed. But then again, why would Howard really want/need to change anything about his vans appearance? After all he has a steady and reliable custome base (the old people who live at the center) and we all know that old people don’t tend like change, least of all a trendy new typeface on the front of Howards van! Not that they would even notice the old dears.
Also SNAITH is the name of my East Yorkshire Village.



No comments: